Hometown Service Since 1929

Burke Oil Company was founded in 1929 as an oil distributor serving the people of Burke County, NC and the surrounding areas.


In 1963, the company was incorporated as Burke Inc. We have experienced consistent growth, resulting in the addition of key subsidiary holdings.


In 1972 as the industry shifted from service stations to convenience stores, the Jack B. Quick chain of convenience stores was added to the company's portfolio.


In 1984, the company acquired Cherry-Linc Oil Company, located in Crouse, NC, which expanded the products and services offered by Burke Inc. into Lincoln County and the surrounding areas.


In 2005, the company began to invest in propane as an addition to its product lines, and continues to invest in propane infrastructure today. 


Originally guided by the vision of Gerald Baker, Sr., the company has continued to flourish under the leadership of his son, Gerald Baker, Jr., better known as Jerry.
Burke Inc. prides itself on being a small, hometown business with local roots. We take a special interest in the communities which we serve and in our employees and their development.

The company’s ongoing mission is to provide superior products and outstanding service to our customers. We pledge to provide a rewarding work environment for our employees and promote the values of mutual respect, continuous improvement, and integrity in everything we do.

press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
NCPMA
press to zoom
1950 gas handle
press to zoom
50th Anniversary commemorative tray.
press to zoom
Burke Oil antique, original signage
press to zoom
press to zoom
1/1